50 Travel Bucket List Items to Inspire Your Vacations
Before you “kick the bucket”, you probably have a few things that you still want to accomplish and thus, you’ve placed them on your travel bucket list. If you’re not terrified of heights (like me), you may want to climb Mount Everest. Or perhaps you want to escape to a wilderness cabin. If you aren’t sure what to put on your travel bucket list, I have some inspiration for you gathered from 50 travel bucket list items that I’ve crossed off my list. (Except for the ones I want to do again!) 😉
50 Travel Bucket List Items
I’m truly grateful that these items have been crossed off my list. I hope you add some of these to your list too.
1. Visited Stonehenge on a day trip from London.
2. Visited Carthage and Sidi Bou Said in Tunisia, Africa.
3. Explored Pompeii in Italy.
4. Sailed into the port at Valletta, Malta.
5. Toured The Mammoth Site in Hot Springs, South Dakota.
6. Saw the Roman Colosseum.
7. Stared in awe at Niagara Falls from both the U.S. and Canada sides.
8. Walked around Devil’s Tower in Wyoming.
9. Spent time horse back riding in Wyoming.
10. Saw amazing wildlife in Yellowstone National Park.
11. Gazed out on the Grand Canyon in Arizona.
12. Saw cherry blossoms in full bloom at the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC.
13. Went whale watching from Provincetown, MA.
14. Drove through the Badlands National Park, South Dakota.
15. Hiked in Zion National Park, Utah.
16. Contemplated logistics in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
17. Took a picture of a ghost at Farnsworth House, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
18. Looked for aliens in Roswell, New Mexico.
19. Saw Phantom of the Opera in Toronto, Canada.
20. Saw a Broadway play in NYC.
21. Swam with dolphins while visiting Grand Bahama Island.
22. Took our son for his first ocean trip to Ocean City, Maryland.
23. Rented beautiful beach houses in the Outer Banks, NC.
24. Snorkeled in the Bahamas.
25. Traveled solo on a seven night Caribbean cruise with Disney Cruise Line.
26. Traveled by train to Pisa and saw the Leaning Tower.
27. Kissed my husband under the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
28. Gazed up at the oculus in the Pantheon, Rome, Italy.
29. Spent a beautiful day at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.
30. Visited the British Museum in London.
31. Toured the Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa in Paris, France.
32. Visited the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
Castles and Royalty
33. Saw the Queen of England in London.
34. Saw Princess Diana’s wedding gown on display in St. Louis, Missouri.
35. Contemplated history at the Tower of London.
36. Visited Windsor castle.
Movies and Literature
37. Rode a train then double decker bus to the Warner Bros. Studios Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
38. Descended into the Delta-01 Launch Control Facility at the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site in South Dakota.
39. Went aboard the USS Midway in San Diego, California.
40. Toured the Churchill War Rooms in London.
41. Rode a trolley in San Francisco.
Food and Beverages
42. Drank hot chocolate in Barcelona, Spain.
43. Visited the D-Day beaches, near Normandy, France.
44. Enjoyed living history at Jamestown Settlement in Williamsburg, VA.
45. Experienced a candlelit evening of colonial dance at the Governor’s Palace, Williamsburg, Virginia.
46. Went to a Memorial Day ceremony in the dark at Mount Rushmore.
47. Saw the Milky Way from Bryce Canyon.
48. Saw a rocket launch (twice) from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
49. Rode in Cinderella’s Coach between Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort and Disney’s Wedding Pavilion at Walt Disney for our vow renewal.
50. Stayed at Prince of Wales Hotel at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada.
Now I can’t wait to hear what’s on your travel bucket list. Tell me one unique item on your list!
Latest posts by Kimberly LaPaglia (see all)
- Ten Ways to Make Your Vacations Extraordinary - April 9, 2018
- Springtime at Walt Disney World: Why You Should Visit! - February 13, 2018
- Valentine’s Day at Walt Disney World: Romance and Family Fun - February 1, 2018