Dog Friendly Disney Hotels
Starting October 15, 2017, select Walt Disney World resorts will welcome dogs as hotel guests. That’s right — there are now Dog Friendly Disney Hotels! Now, your family can bring along your pet dog on a magical trip to WDW when staying at Art of Animation Resort, Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Yacht Club Resort, and the Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort.
Certainly, Disney’s dogs — like Goofy and Pluto — must be really happy about this testing phase that is ongoing until October 15, 2018.
Dog Friendly Disney Hotels Add Extra Rates
These four Walt Disney World resort hotels are now designated dog friendly. Each property will add a per night/per room pet-cleaning rate to your hotel bill. Rates are as follows:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort – $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort – $50/night
The new pet policy caps dog occupancy at a two dog maximum. Guest rooms will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise as well as green spaces with pet relief areas.
Walt Disney World will designate certain floors or sections of a hotel as dog-friendly, while the majority of the hotel will remain canine-free. These accommodations take into consideration guests with allergies or other concerns.
Pluto’s Welcome Kit for Dog Friendly Disney Hotel Guests
When you bring your four-legged friend, your dog will receive special Disney amenities too.
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps.
- A Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
- While there are no in-room services available at this time, Best Friends Pet Care does provide services like doggie day care at its nearby facility on Disney property.
More Pet Policies and Considerations
Of course, dogs that are allowed to stay in hotel rooms will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in all public areas, and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, Disney Parks Blog recommends contacting 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
While some dog lovers may want to bring along their beloved pooch, traveling with your furry family member isn’t necessarily a cost savings. Consider the cost of your usual dog sitter or boarding kennel compared with the pet cleaning fee listed above.
Some pets are great travelers and others get motion sick or feel anxious when away from home. Only you know if your pet is ready for a trip to Walt Disney World. Sadly, our dog named Disney (for real!) is a 13 year old Norwich Terrier with a dislike of traveling. 🙁
Dog merchandise is sold throughout Walt Disney World for your pet travel companion or for your pet waiting back home.
What do you think about this new pet policy at Walt Disney World? Does your pet like to travel? Finally, send us photos of your pet at one of the dog friendly Disney hotels.