Disney’s Magical Express
Disney’s Magical Express (DME) service offers guests with a Walt Disney World room reservation transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) via motorcoach. In addition, luggage delivery service between the airport and the reserved WDW resort is also available. What do I love about DME? It’s complimentary!
Plan accordingly — luggage delivery service is available for flights arriving between 5AM and 10PM, plus you’ll need to allow extra time to be reunited with your bags. See below for more information to help decide if Luggage Delivery or Baggage Claim is best for your family.
Make reservations via your travel agent, during your initial online booking, or via this online Disney’s Magical Express reservation form. You may also call DME:
U.S. and Canada Reservations: (407) 939-1936
United Kingdom Reservations: 0800 16 90 730
Contact your travel agent or call Disney’s Magical Express at 1-866-599-0951.
Disney’s Magical Express Luggage Tags
After you’ve made your DME reservation, information including luggage tags, will be mailed approximately 2-3 weeks (some Disney literature says 42 days) prior to your check-in date. You will need the confirmation or your MagicBands for check-in at the Orlando International Airport.
Attach Disney’s Magical Express luggage tags to each bag that you plan on checking AND that you would like delivered to your Resort hotel room.
If you did not receive your luggage tags prior to leaving home and are scheduled to arrive in Orlando between 5AM and 10PM, simply provide your baggage claim numbers upon arrival at Disney’s Magical Express. They will pull your bags and have them delivered. I’ve had to do this on more than one vacation and the DME staff were extremely helpful!
- Keep any medications, valuables, and other essentials you will need in a carry-on bag.
- For luggage delivery service, attach your luggage tags on each item that you will be checking with your airline.
- Remember not to pack your MagicBands in your checked luggage, as they will be used to check in with Disney’s Magical Express and to unlock your room when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel.
- If you have not received your MagicBand, please be prepared to present your Disney’s Magical Express documents (which will be mailed separately to you) to board the DME bus. You will receive your MagicBand at your Disney Resort hotel.
- Guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Car seats are not permitted inside the motorcoach but can be stowed in the luggage compartment before boarding.
- Please note that only service animals (no pets) are permitted on Disney’s Magical Express.
Domestic Arrivals at MCO/Orlando International Airport
1. Take the tram from your airline’s arrival gate to the main terminal. Once in the main terminal, you will be on Level 3. Guests arriving on Side A of the airport should cross to Side B before proceeding down to Level 1.
2. Between 5AM and 10PM, follow signs to Disney’s Magical Express located near Ground Transportation in Side B, Level 1.
Take an elevator or escalator to Level 1.
2a. Between 10PM and 5AM, you will need to claim your own baggage at Baggage Claim on Level 2.
3. Have your MagicBands or DME documents handy to check in at Disney’s Magical Express. If you have a Disney’s Magical Express reservation, but do not have documents, see DME customer service upon arrival at MCO.
3a. Upon arrival at Disney’s Magical Express, let them know if you will need assistance boarding the motorcoach.
4. You’ll be shown to the appropriate numbered queue for a bus to your Disney resort.
DME TV entertains weary travelers. When the motorcoach to your resort is ready, your family will be guided to the correct bus. Note that you may be escorted to a Mears coach, DME blue bus, or a Disney Cruise Line bus as all three types of motor coaches are utilized to transport guests between MCO and WDW.
5. Stow large bags underneath the bus prior to boarding.
DME Tipping Tip: If your driver helps load or unload your bags or provides exceptional customer service, a gratuity is customary. No tip is needed for the luggage that is delivered to your room through the DME luggage service; bags will be left in your room and you do not need to be present. Typically, we tip a dollar per bag loaded on the motorcoach when exiting at our resort or for any help we request from Bell Services.
Disney’s Magical Express provides video entertainment. Watch cartoons and informative WDW segments.
Note that travel time is 45 to 75 minutes as the motorcoach may make up to 3 stops at other WDW hotels before arriving your resort.
1. Upon arrival, exiting the aircraft, and proceed to U.S. immigration. Keep your passport and any required documents handy.
2. Retrieve your luggage, then head to the Customs checkpoint.
3. When exiting the customs and immigration area you may keep your checked bags with you to stow in the luggage compartment underneath the motorcoach or you may use Disney’s Magical Express luggage delivery service.
*Luggage delivery service is available for flights arriving between 5AM and 10PM. Simply return your checked luggage to the transfer carousel after you’ve gone through the immigration and customs process. Be prepared to provide your airline baggage claim numbers. Disney will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your WDW hotel.
4. Follow signs to Disney’s Magical Express
If you take advantage of the luggage delivery service, your luggage will be collected from your airline and travel separately to the resort.
Luggage delivery may take up to three hours (four hours according to the last document I received from DME in June) after resort arrival to be delivered to your room (For example, if you check into your hotel at 2PM, your luggage will likely show up by 5-6PM. Contact Bell Services at your resort with any questions about luggage.
If you arrive after 10PM, you will need to head to Baggage Claim, retrieve your bags, and bring your luggage with you to Disney’s Magical Express where it will be stowed underneath the motorcoach for transport to the resort.
Departure from Walt Disney World
All too soon, it’ll be time to travel home. It’s incredibly sad to wave goodbye to Walt Disney World, therefore Disney strives to make your departure as painless as possible.
One day prior to your check-out date, a Disney’s Magical Express Transportation Notice with your motorcoach departure time and location will be delivered to your room. You MUST give this document to your motorcoach driver prior to boarding Disney’s Magical Express. MagicBands cannot be used to check in for your return transfer to Orlando International Airport.
DME departure times are scheduled approximately three hours prior to your scheduled flight departure time for domestic flights and four hours prior for international flights. This timing allows for multiple DME resort stops, traffic, security lines, etc. Note: If you prefer to stay at WDW a bit longer, you’ll need to stow your bags with Bell services until you depart via a taxi, Uber, or rental car at your expense.
Resort Airline Check-In Service
A separate service from Disney’s Magical Express, this complimentary service allows WDW resort guests to check their luggage and receive airline boarding passes right at the Walt Disney World hotel. There is no need to check in at the airport for your departing flight.
Guests who fly on a participating airline and stay at a select Disney Resort (see list below) are automatically enrolled in the Resort Airline Check-In service when arriving Walt Disney World via Disney’s Magical Express.
You may opt to utilize this service if you are flying on a participating airline: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines (US Domestic Flights Only), JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines.
If your flight is after 12PM, your boarding pass will be delivered to your room on the morning of departure. Also, guests may pick up boarding passes at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk no less than three hours prior to their flight.
- The Resort Airline Check-In Desk is open daily from 5AM to 12PM.
- Guests with flight departures prior to 8AM must check in at the airport.
- Some guests may be required to check in at the airport and will be unable to use this service.
- Restrictions and airline baggage fees apply. See your airline for details.
- Additional information will be provided in your Disney’s Magical Express Transportation Notice.
If you do not choose to check your luggage, bring it to the DME bus stop and it will be loaded on the motorcoach that will transport you back to the airport. Upon request, Bell service luggage assistance will be available at your hotel.
Resort Hotels Serviced by Disney’s Magical Express
Complimentary transportation to and from Orlando International Airport (MCO) is provided for guests staying at the following Walt Disney World hotels:
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort